Programs for Enjoying the Museum in Simple Japanese: My Dream House [Date: March 17]
Did you know that the Tokyo Metropolitan Teien Art Museum used to a family’s home? Inside the house, you will find many playful ideas that made living here fun. In this workshop, we will first take a tour of the house and then create our own dream houses. Come and join us in making your own playful dream houses using different materials.
Children from all backgrounds are invited to join. We will speak in simple Japanese. We look forward to playing with you!
|Date & Time
|March 17th, 2024 (Sun) 13:30～16:00
|Tokyo Metropolitan Teien Art Museum
|① We will look at different rooms in the museum.
② We will make a small house using different materials.
|Grade 3 to 6 elementary school students
・Children with foreign backgrounds
The workshop is for children only.
|16 (If application exceeds capacity, the participants will be decided by lottery)
|Free (Accompanying adults will need to purchase tickets for the exhibition. Ticket price is ¥1,400. A concession ticket is available for visitors aged 65 and older at ¥700 per ticket. Adults can visit the exhibition during the workshop.)
|February 25th (Sun)
|Please apply via email
Please include all the following information in your email:
1) Name of the child participating
2) Email address
3) Phone number
4) School year
5) Language spoken at home
6) Language spoken at school
7) Number of years you have lived in Japan
8) Any other information about the child that you would like to share with the museum.
If application exceeds capacity, the participants will be decided by lottery.
We will contact you with the result via email by Friday, March 1st.
- This workshop is open for children only. The accompanying adults are welcome to visit the museum’s exhibition during the workshop. There is also a café in the museum. You can also stay in the workshop room and watch the activities from the guest area.
- Please note that the activities during the workshop will be photographed. The photographs may be used by the museum for public relations purposes.
Tokyo Metropolitan Teien Art Museum, Learning and Public Programs